Messaging apps are no longer considered too formal for business communication. Companies use them to communicate internally and with customers. Software developers have taken note and created chat apps for businesses, as well as consumer messaging app vendors have developed business features. As well as consumer app vendors such as Meta/WhatsApp, WeChat, and others are eyeing businesses to monetize their platforms and therefore have developed business features.
Most business messaging apps bring similar features to the table. Still, some apps do a better job at specific features or have become more popular for certain uses. Here are some of the top features each one introduces to your business.
Microsoft launched Teams in 2017 to improve collaborative efforts in organizations. During the pandemic, Teams played a crucial role in bridging the gap created by hybrid and remote workforces. Here are some features that made it a king among group chat apps:
- Seamless integration with other Microsoft products: One of the advantages of using Teams is that it integrates with other Microsoft products like SharePoint, OneDrive, and Outlook. This makes it easy for companies to manage their workflows on a single platform.
- Flexible deployment: IT admins can deploy Teams on premises through a private or public cloud. This allows organizations to choose the deployment model that best suits their needs.
- Enterprise-grade security: Teams comes with built-in security and compliance features that meet the needs of large enterprises. It is considered one of the most secure instant messaging apps for business needs.
Slack is a popular business text messaging app, and it’s easy to see why. It offers a comprehensive set of features that make it ideal for businesses of all sizes. Slack rivals Teams as one of the best group messaging app for business. Here are some additional features:
- Integrated app ecosystem: Slack has an ecosystem of apps that can integrate with roughly 1,500 apps from other platforms. Integration makes it easier for companies to customize their workflows.
- Searchable history: Slack keeps a searchable record of all the conversations on the platform. Searchability is critical during investigations or when complying with eDiscovery requests.
- Advanced security: Slack offers advanced security features like two-factor authentication and single sign-on. Advanced security is ideal for businesses that need to protect sensitive data.
In today’s hybrid and remote work world, Meta’s WhatsApp has become a critical tool, allowing teams to share critical information and make real-time decisions, without needing to be physically present in the same location. Businesses can leverage WhatsApp in three different ways:
- Using “Regular” WhatsApp
Companies can allow the use the free consumer WhatsApp mobile application or desktop version. Whether it is with explicit or implicit corporate approval, many colleagues and teams can and do message each other via the platform, or reach out to customers for one-on-one conversations.
- Adopting the WhatsApp Business App
Organizations can download the specific version of WhatsApp that’s meant for businesses, called “WhatsApp Business App,” which contains features that aren’t present in the regular version of the application. This offers automatic greeting messages, quick replies, a business profile, and other benefits that aren’t available in the non-business version.
- Integrating the WhatsApp for Business API
The WhatsApp Business Platform is an API that enables enterprises interested in making WhatsApp an essential part of their customer success and engagement strategies to leverage various integrations, such as chatbots, CRMs, and customer support software.
Google Meet is a video conferencing app that offers a wide range of features for businesses. It is one of the most popular messaging apps for businesses that use GMAIL. Here’s why:
- Video conferencing: Google Meet makes it easy to host large conference calls with up to 100 participants. For comparison, only Signal comes close on this list, allowing 40 people to have a video conference.
- Live-stream to YouTube: If you have an approved channel, you can live stream your meeting to YouTube. This is ideal for sharing internal information with a much larger audience, such as new product feature announcements and discussions.
- Background noise cancellation: Noise cancellation is ideal when workers must attend meetings from the cubicle or the office. Examples of sounds reduced include room echo, typing noises and the closing of a door. Google supports this feature in some countries, on most computers, and on Pixel 4 devices and higher.
Signal is a business-compatible messaging app that offers end-to-end encryption for all conversations. It has become an increasingly popular choice for meeting instant messaging apps business needs.
- Self-destructing messages: Signal allows businesses to set messages to self-destruct after a specific time. Companies can still archive this data but make it inaccessible to everyday users.
- Note to self: Signal also allows businesses to send notes to themselves. This is a useful feature for workers to schedule reminders.
- Voice and video calls: Signal offers voice and video call features that allow businesses to stay connected even when they are on the go. You can have up to 40 people on a group call, which is higher than WhatsApp, Telegram, Slack, and WeChat.
WeCom is a messaging app designed for companies in China. It is another excellent option for business group chat apps. Here are some of its best features:
- Multi-language support: WeCom supports multiple languages. Its translation tools make it easy for businesses to communicate with customers in their native language.
- Time-saving features: WeCom includes features that boost efficiencies, such as auto-reply and message scheduling. This makes it easy for businesses to manage their customer communications.
- Chinese market access: China banned most of the common messaging app solutions used in other countries. Consequently, businesses might find this is the best way to access Chinese markets.
LeapXpert streamlines communication across these platforms and it also ensures companies meet their archiving compliance requirements while doing so. Are you ready to see it in action? Book your demo to get started.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Useful tips and helpful information.
You can unsubscribe at any time - obviously!